Accurate testing is dependent on sampling quality and not the least, sample integrity. Proper storage and transport conditions ensure that samples remain viable for testing upon reaching the testing laboratory.
SAFER™ features a proprietary formula of transport medium that preserves viral ribonucleic acids (RNA) at room temperature (15 – 30 °C) for up to a week, without the need for chilling. This removes the constraint of strict shipping conditions at low temperatures which may not be readily available. SAFER™ makes testing possible and more convenient to previously inaccessible areas, expanding the reach of healthcare.
The SAFER™ Stabilization Fluid also inactivates the SARS-CoV-2 virus within 45 seconds, without the use of guanidine, making specimen collection safer and less risky for healthcare personnel and the community.
|SAFER-SAL-01-B||SAFER™ Total (For saliva/ sputum specimen collection)
– 2mL SAFER™ Stabilization Fluid /vial, a Funnel Collection Tube, and a Top Cap in a Clamshell Protective Case.
– Includes necessary packaging for triple bag protocol that keeps sample upright.
|SAFER-SAL-01-P||SAFER™ Clinic (For saliva/ sputum specimen collection)
– 2mL SAFER™ Stabilization Fluid /vial, with a Funnel Collection Tube, and a Top Cap in a sealed pouch
|SAFER-SAL-01-E||SAFER™ Eco (For saliva/ sputum specimen collection)
– 2mL SAFER™ Stabilization Fluid /vial only for saliva/ sputum specimen collection.
|SAFER-VTM-01||SAFER™ VTM (For use with nasopharyngeal (NP) and oropharyngeal (OP) swabs)
– 3mL SAFER™ Stabilization Fluid /vial only
|Application||Reverse Transcription qPCR|
|Device Specifications||Viral Transport Medium|
|Storage Conditions||15 – 30 °C (59 – 86 °F)|
|Sample Stability||15 – 30 °C (59 – 86 °F) ≤ 1 week|
|Shelf Life||Available upon request|
SAFER™ is registered with the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) of Singapore as a Class A medical device. SAFER™ is research use only (RUO) for US and international customers. Users are advised to consult with local regulatory authorities for appropriate use. Terms and conditions apply.
SAFER™ in Hong Kong
The SAFER™ kit is currently distributed in different clinics, hospitals, and private laboratories in Hong Kong. SAFER™ kit is available in 3 configurations for different settings: SAFER™ Eco, SAFER™ Clinic, and SAFER™ Total.
- SAFER™ Total is ready to distribute home-use kit that has all required packaging for transport of potentially infectious samples.
- SAFER™ Clinic is designed for front-line clinic use and collection.
- SAFER™ Eco is an eco-friendly, plastic-lite version for quick collection.