If you don’t see a specific position, write to us and share how you’d like to contribute to Lucence’s work.
Performing high complexity testing according to established SOPs for moleculardiagnostic techniques, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, genotyping, andnext generation sequencing.
Correctly receiving, requisitioning, processing, and ensuring proper identificationof specimens and chain of custody.
Setting up, validating and performing maintenance checks on laboratoryequipment and automation solutions.
Managing laboratory supplies and inventory for smooth laboratory operations.
Participating in reagent and assay quality control and validations.
Participating in internal and external quality assurance programs.
Troubleshooting assays and instruments as needed.
Maintaining strict quality standards according to laboratory accreditation standards, e.g. CAP, CLIA, ISO.
Preparing for internal/external audits as needed.
To be a good fit for this role, you would have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Life Sciences or a relevant field.
- An active California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license (generalist/CGMBS) in good standing.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with molecular diagnostic techniques, especially next generation sequencing.
- Experience in liquid biopsy is advantageous.
- Familiarity with laboratory information management systems.
- Experience in setting up and using laboratory automation and associated programming would be highly advantageous.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- The ability to commit full-time to this role. We currently operate Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm.
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. In addition, get creative and tell us in the email in less than 100 words (in any language you like) why you think you will be a right fit for Lucence. Don’t limit yourself to a job description or job title, the world needs every skill you have.