This is a 3-year contract including an overseas posting to the U.S. for 1.5 years (with the possibility of extension).
- Performing high complexity testing according to established SOPs for molecular diagnostic techniques, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, genotyping, and next generation sequencing.
- Correctly receiving, requisitioning, processing, and ensuring proper identification of specimens and chain of custody.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems as needed.
- Participating in technical and clinical verification and validation studies.
- Participating in internal and external quality assurance programs.
- Monitoring inventory and lab supplies in assigned areas.
- Maintaining strict quality standards according to laboratory accreditation and licensing requirements, e.g. CAP, CLIA, HCSA.
- Performing, recording and interpreting results of quality control procedures and taking corrective action where necessary
- Performing other duties as assigned to ensure smooth laboratory operations.
To be a good fit for this role, you would have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Science, Life Sciences or its equivalent.
- Familiarity with molecular diagnostics techniques, including handling of patient samples, nucleic acid extraction, real-time PCR, genotyping and sequencing etc. would be an advantage
- Willingness to prepare for certification exams, such as for MT(ASCP) certification and California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license.
- Usual working hours would be 9 am-6 pm / 10 am-7 pm / 11 am-8 pm, and half-days on Sat, subject to adjustments. Flexibility in working on weekends would be a plus.
- A high degree of attention to detail and ability to stay focused executing complex laboratory protocols.
- Willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Exceptional attention to detail as meticulousness is key when dealing with patient samples.
- Strong self-motivation, resilience, keen interest in learning and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Fully vaccinated status against COVID-19.
- Willingness to be deployed overseas (USA) for a 1.5-year period upon completion of training (1-year period).
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. In addition, get creative and tell us in the email in less than 100 words (in any language you like) why you think you will be a right fit for Lucence. Don’t limit yourself to a job description or job title, the world needs every skill you have.